Thursday, November 29, 2007

Medical Setback

Due to some medications in my fairly recently medical history (that I'm no longer taking), I'm "deferred" for want of a better word and more work needs to be done. I'm fairly confident it will result in a successful class III, but it's just more expense added to an already expensive proposition.

For a while, I thought I'd discontinue training but then again if it gets resolved, then I've not lost time and if it doesn't, well, I'll enjoy the hell out of it as long as I can.

3 comments:

Head in the Clouds said...

I'm sure you've already discovered this... but AOPA has a very good section on medical information on www.aopa.org. There's even a database of drug information...

Scott Schappell said...

Yah, this one is definitely on the proscribed list.

Aviatrix said...

The toughest one to get over is having used psychiatric drugs. They will rarely accept that you could be better after having been prescribed those. If that's the case you may have to go from another angle and get a doctor to say that it was an error and you never should have been prescribed them in the first place.

Good luck.