Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Changing Flight Schools

I feel bad about this, as I do like CFI. However, I found out quite by happenstance that as a veteran I have access to military aero clubs. The advantages?

$15 per hour savings on instructor time
~$0.75 on avgas

The practice area is almost literally off the end of the runway, so no longer a half hour to the practice area and a half hour back.

Also, the plane is a USAF T-41 which is a Cessna 172 built in 1967 (so not as new inside as 2TA) with a Cessna 182 engine (210 BHP) so I'll also get a high performance rating. But, 2TA is like any first love, you never forget your first. I am also planning on flying with CFI at least once a month so I can work the Oakland comms.


Still, I hope CFI doesn't take it personally but I feel like it would be stupid to not take advantage of the opportunity.

3 comments:

Head in the Clouds said...

Most CFIs definitely understand the need for economy! I imagine CFI will just be happy that you're continuing your journey to fly...

Anonymous said...

Hey cousin. Just checking out your blog. I didn't know you were taking flight lessons. I'll keep in touch.

Sierra Angel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.